WHO WE ARE
Nelson Lang is still the heart and soul of the organisation, and his leadership has ensured that Pita Pit is not a faceless corporation. As Nelson would say, it is all about the people. Pita Pit will always maintain its focus on supporting the many people who have made us a success: our franchisees, our customers and our partners. At Pita Pit, when we succeed, we succeed together.
The Pita Pit concept is perfectly positioned to lead the growing market trend in India towards new fast casual concepts that deliver delicious, high quality, healthy, customisable, ethically sourced and environmentally friendly products.
PEOPLE AND PLANET
We build a positive environment for our customers to feel good about their choices not just from a healthy food perspective, but in a more global sense.
At Pita Pit, we take our responsibility to our planet seriously. That is why we are leading from the front when it comes to reducing our environmental impact, and it is an area that we will never cease to look for ways to improve.
At Pita Pit, sustainability is not a slogan, it is something we believe in deeply - and our customers do as well.
Some of our international initiatives in include:
- Locally farmed beef and chicken to reduce distance, carbon footprint and to ensure ethical treatment.
- Dolphin Friendly Skipjack Tuna.
- Green walls that reduce noise, increase air quality and bring the beauty of nature inside.
- "Water Pit" stations allow customers to fill up any bottle with filtered, free water so we can cut down on packaging that much more.
- Our Pita Pit packaging - boxes, wraps, cutlery, napkins, etc. - is made from plants not plastic.
- Food waste reduction program and staff training.
- Energy efficient bulbs that use 80% less energy and last 8 times longer than a standard incandescent bulb.
Our tie-up in India with Uday Foundation where we have setup a way to streamline contributions from our customers to feed the needy.